Wednesday 7 May 2014

Mouth Watering Wednesday - What I ate on a high protein day

Hey girls, I hope you're all well.

This is a new series I'm hoping to start, where I share with you all my favourite healthy foods. Whether it's a recipe I've tried from my favourite health food magazine, The Healthy Food Guide, or what I've eaten on a particular day, i.e a high protein day, I plan on sharing it here every Wednesday. Or at least every other Wednesday, because we all know how unpredictable I am with blogging these days.

So as you can tell from the title this is what I ate when I needed lots of protein. The morning I did this I had slept on my arm and it was in a lot of pain. I tried to workout out, and I stretched, but it was really hard to move. Protein helps to heal you which is why I decided to have a high protein day, even though I wasn't working out, and the next day my arm was back to normal.

Breakfast:


 For my breakfast on this day I had porridge oats with vanilla protein powder, almond milk and a banana. And, obviously, a cup of tea because I love tea. I love making my porridge with protein powder because it is good for you, and it's sweet so you don't have to add a sweetener on top. I just mix it in with the oats and milk in the pan, and cook it like you normally do with porridge.

Lunch:


Lunch was a cheese omelette. I used 2 eggs, cows milk, and low low grated cheese. This was so yummy, and because I used 2 eggs it was more filling. Maybe it's just me, but one egg is never enough for me. Then my tea was strawberry and mango from Twinnings. The cheese and milk gave me calcium and healthy fats. Did you know that low fat dairy products contain higher calcium levels? I tend to avoid products that say low fat on them, because it tends to be high in chemicals, making it bad for you, but that is not the case with dairy, it is much healthier than the full fat version.

Dinner:


This was originally supposed to be a pizza, made using BreeLovesBeauty's recipe, however I decided to wrap them instead. So what is in this you ask? Well it's is full of tomato purée, cherry tomatoes, spinach, and low low cheese, sprinkled with a tiny bit more cheese, and put on the microwave for 1.30. And boy was it yummy. It was extremely filling too, so one tortilla wrap would have been enough, but oh well.

Snacks:


Ok so I know this isn't high protein, or even healthy, but I'm honest and wanted to share everything I ate that day. I became obsessed with the Dairy Milk Oreo bar for a while, so ate half of that and a twix in that day. It's not a lot, and it's perfectly ok to indulge sometimes. I think that's why I wanted to share my snacks with you, just to show that I do eat chocolate and I also eat healthy for the majority of the time. Chocolate is good for your soul. Remember that the next time you feel guilty for eating that Dairy Milk. Also try really hard no to feel guilty about food, food is good!

So that's all I ate. If you have any requests for anything, i.e. a high carb day, or a recipe, let me know, and I'll happily do it for you all. 

Have a beautiful day

Dream beautiful dreams; live beautiful lives

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment