Thursday 21 June 2012

Prepare for summer - Your shopping list


Hey girlies, I hope you are all well :-) I've had a pretty great day, ya know not having to revise or worry about exams :-)

Remember my 'Prepare for summer' series? Well, I never finished it, and now I feel that it is too late to continue it. However, I thought that there was one post I had planned which I can still do, and that is a shopping list of all your summer essentials!
So lets get started:


  • Everybody needs some basic denim shorts. You can either go short, or long, distressed or plain, either way all styles look great on everyone. Mine are a simple plain pair that ends mid-thigh, which I feel isn't too long, but it isn't so short my bum is on show, but like I said whatever style you are comfortable with will look great. Plus they can be dressed up or down
  • Basic vest tops. Why wouldn't you want basic vest tops? They are perfect for wearing to the beach, or at a festival, and, again, can be dressed up or down
  • Sandals/flip-flops. These are super comfy and are super practical. They let your feet breath and you can get a tan
  • Sunglasses. It is important to get a pair that suit your face shape and have a UV protection of 100% to protect your peepers. When trying to find a pair to suit you, don't be afraid to look in the men's section, sometimes your face just suits those styles better; my best friend got a really cute pair from the men's section and they look great on her
  • A swimsuit that suits your body. I typically got for bikini's but recently I've been loving swim-dresses, and really want one, as they look good on everyone; especially the ones with ruffles and cinches in at the waist. They are also great for those who prefer to be more covered up
  • Lip balm, preferably one with an SPF in it. Just like in winter your lips can dry up in the summer, but they can also burn, which is why it is good to get a balm with an SPF. I am obsessed with lip balm and am constantly buying them, you can get some for as little as 46p from Home Bargains so you have no excuse for not buying any ;D
  • Sunscreen! This one is obvious, but many people still don't wear it and it is essential! I recently got badly burned because I wasn't wearing a high enough SPF, and UV protection, and I have really damaged my skin, so that night I went and bought the Nivea sunscreen for babies which has an SPF of 50+ and because it is for babies it has a lot of UVA and UVB protection. Obviously you don't have to get one designed for babies skin, but make sure it has an SPF of at least 30, and high UVA and UVB protection. Click here, here and here for extra information on Sunscreen and why you should wear it

I hope that this was helpful to at least one person. If any of you have summer essential that isn't on this list, please let me know in the comments :-)

I am thinking of doing a festivals essentials post, would that interest any of you?

Oh and just because I'm no longer doing 'Prepare for summer' post, I will definitely still be doing plenty of summer related posts, so please keep checking back

Talk to you all tomorrow

Have a beautiful day/night

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment