Tuesday 8 October 2013

Blogtober #7 - My first fitness class

Hey girls, I hope you're all well.

Today has been quite a busy day, well for me anyway. I've been out pretty much all day running errands.

One of the things I did was go to my first fitness class, which you probably already know if you follow me on Twitter. I was so scared, but really excited, and couldn't wait to get there. I had no idea what to expect. It wasn't in a gym, instead it was held in my churches hall, so I wasn't sure the age group that would be there.

Because of this, I didn't know the type of exercise we were going to do. I kept changing my mind about wanting an intense cardio session and an intense toning session, the only thing I wanted was for it to be intense, however that is not what I got.

It turned out that I was the youngest person there, as everyone was in the retirement age, so the workout was not was intense as I wanted. However, that does not mean I didn't feel it and I didn't sweat because I did! There was some cardio, and some toning, but I felt like it was mostly stretching, and wakening up your muscles. I am really naughty and don't bother stretching most of the time, so my muscles are quite tight, so I could really feel my muscles, and it was a little bit painful, but I totally needed it. It made me realise how much stretching is important, and I'm going to start stretching after every workout now.

Everyone was so nice and welcoming, they really made me feel relaxed and because of that I was happy to workout in front of them. I wasn't embarrassed to when I messed up which is always a good thing because I did mess up a bit when some dancing was brought in because I have no rhythm.

Overall  I loved it, I left feeling energised and ready to take on my long day. And it made me want to go to more. There is an easy Zumba class on a Monday morning in a hall next to my church, which I might go to. They have 3 other Zumba classes a week there, but I chose the easy one because Zumba is hard, and like I said, I have no rhythm, so it should be fun. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have you ever been to a fitness class? Was it what you expected? Did you enjoy it? Let me know.

Have a beautiful day

Dream beautiful dreams; live beautiful lives

xx

P.S. Check out yesterdays post a Pinterest try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment