Saturday 7 January 2012

Study Series is back! :D

Hey all you lovely people, how are we all?

I'm really excited for this post because it is my study series again! I love doing these even if they might not be much help; I just think they are fun to do.
This weeks one is 'How to stay motivated' I decided to do this one because I studied pretty much all afternoon, with an accidental extra long break,(the time just went by too quickly) and thought it would be fun to do because I know how hard it can be to study for so long.

1. Definitely take breaks! You can't expect your brain to be able to concentrate for 3 or more hours straight, heck sometimes I can't even get my brain to concentrate for 1 hour. What I do is study 1 subject and take a quick 5 minute break, go the bathroom, (I'll get onto the reason for that in a sec) get some brain food, just move, get away from your desk or where ever you're studying.

2. Keep water by you. Water is so good for you and it also helps you stay alert meaning you can concentrate for longer. I usually drink some when my mind is starting to lag, and this can happen quite a bit because I am always so tired. I end up drinking close to an entire bottle whilst studying one subject, hence the bathroom trip.

3. Have something motivation in front of you or near you. I have a wall of motivation, which is full of quotes, a poem, a picture and a four points card. When I really feel like I can't concentrate any longer I look at it and find a quote and I am instantly motivated. I also have this picture:
as my wallpaper on my computer. I always find that seeing some else study makes me want to as well, so that always works too.

4. Have something on in the background that is on for the length of time you want to study that subject for. I suggest a podcast, but one that is on for not much more than an hour or less. I know some may find this distracting, which is why I strongly recommend a movie or TV show in the background, but I find that it helps me keep working; my mind is going "I'll just sit here doing something as I listen to this podcast" I don't know about you but I always feel bored if I am just sitting listening to a podcast or music, I have to be doing something and studying is a great thing to do.

5. If you are really starting to feel sluggish, during your break go and grab brain food like a banana, and if you really need it a coffee. They will give you a boost and help you to study for that extra hour.

6. I'm only doing one more and it isn't exactly motivational but is essential for studying, I just don't like odd number much. Wear something comfortable. There is nothing worse than sitting hunched over a desk in something that is tight, itchy, or just plain uncomfortable. I suggest wearing something like sweat pants or leggings, with a plain top with no ruffles, sparkles or anything that will get in the way when writing.

Well that is it, I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any tips please leave them in the comments below, I would love to read them.
Right now I am going to go and get ready for bed, I want an early night.
Good night everyone, dream dreams of joy and happiness

DFTBA

Days until my first A level exam: 5
What I am listening to right now: You're beautiful by Soul Survivor
News Year Resolutions broken: None

4 comments:

  1. I have a poster at school that says
    'This is difficult, but thats okay because I can do difficult things'
    ALWAYS makes me feel better! Good study guide :)

    Lucy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote is going on my wall :)
    Have a beautiful day
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT tips!! :) I didn't realize you put this up yesterday, I'm sorry! But I'm definitely making myself an inspirational quote wall soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are you apologizing? I loved your tips! :) Send me a picture once you're done :)
    Have an amazing day
    xx

    ReplyDelete