Saturday 17 December 2011

Blogmas day #17



Do you ever feel like you don't fit in? Ever feel like you have to suffer because you are different from everybody else? Because you like different things to them? I do, all the time and, to be perfectly honest, I'm fed up with it. So today's post is going to be aimed at all those people who feel the same way. To everyone who feels they suffer for being different.

Why do we always feel judged and like an outcast? People feel the need to be accepted by others, yet people judge others. We judge unknowingly a lot of the time; we might say something to someone that can, maybe, come out wrong, or maybe it was taken out of context. Sometimes we say something to someone, it might just be asking them a question, but its the way we say it that makes it seem like we are judging them. You've probably been on the receiving end of that before; I know I have and I know it feels horrible.
We need to stop worrying what other people think of us and we need to stop making judgemental comments. If you think something about someone you don't know, keep it to yourself. I think the problem is, is that we judge people ourselves, so we're very aware that people probably do it about us too. But really think about how often you actually judge people. It's not very often is it? And why is that? I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that it is because you're too worried about what other people are thinking of you. Truth is though, they probably couldn't give a damn about you: what you like, how you look or how you act, they are too bothered about themselves. The people who do care about you, shouldn't judge you. I know some of you may feel judged by family members, but they probably aren't, they are probably just joking around. If you feel judged by family, before getting upset, try and think about your mood; chances are, you're probably not in the best mood, are you?
So we need to take a leaf out of Luna Lovegood's book. She truly does not give a damn about what people think of her. In fact she is completely oblivious to their thoughts. Why can't we all live like that too? I know that it is hard. I try so hard to be oblivious to how people see me, but sometimes it is just too hard. But writing this has made me realize that the times when it is hardest is when I'm not in the best mood. I'm upset for whatever reason and I let other peoples perceptions of me into my head. The happier we are, the less we care what others think.

If you ever feel down or judged, I want you to come to this post, and if it helps, read it, if not comment how you're feeling. You don't have to post the comment if you don't want to. Another good idea is to write it down. I always find that helps me.
Remember one thing: Only God can judge you.

DFTBA lovelies

Days until Christmas: 8
Days until my first A level exam: 27 (worked it out wrong earlier)
What I am listening to right now: Me typing away

No comments:

Post a Comment