Wednesday 21 December 2011

Blogmas day #21 6 Christmas traditions



Hey guys, how are we all on this beautiful night? As promised there is a picture of all of the wrapped presents under the tree :) Most of the presents aren't from me, they are from my parents or family, but I got all excited putting them there :)

Anyway, I have just taken a break from tiding my bedroom to write this so that once I'm done cleaning I can calm down with a green tea and a book (A Christmas Carol). As I said yesterday I have today's post all planned out, and I am doing .... Christmas traditions!

Whilst I was writing yesterday I thought of one of the traditions we used to do and thought that it would be a great post to do :) Anyway onto the traditions:


  1. Every year, up until about 3 years ago, my family would go Christmas shopping together, so that my brother and I could buy our Christmas presents. What we would do is, we would both be given about £20 each, £10 for my mum and £10 for my dad. We would then split off, me with my mum or dad and my brother with the other parent, so that we could buy the others parents presents (the parent we weren't with) then meet back up about an hour later and switch. It was so much fun and I sort of miss it. Obviously both me and my brother are old enough to shop on our own, so we don't do it any more. I feel like I broke the tradition, because I was the one to buy all my presents when I was out shopping with my friends one year, then it just stopped. It would've stopped anyway, but still, it could've carried on for another year, even if it was just for my brother, who was 14 at the time.
  2. You see the angel on top of the tree in the second picture? We have had that all of my life and my mum had it all of her life. It has been passed onto her from her dad and it has been the only tree topper we have ever used. We got a really nice, home-made, one, one year from a friend, but my mum used it as an ornament on the mantel piece instead. I'm not allowed it until I have children, so I don't know what I am going to do when I move out next year.
  3. Following on from that tradition is that my mum always decorates the house by herself. I don't really like this, but my mum has done it since she was in her teens and really enjoys it so I don't mind that much. I'll try and help her next year so that she can rest a bit
  4. Our decorations are always up on the 1st December. I love that so much, because, as you all know, I love Christmas and coming home from school to see them up makes me really excited!  They also come down no later than the 5th January because my mum is superstitious.
  5. We get our picture taken with every, single, present as we open them, on Christmas morning. I used to love this when I was little, but now I don't really like it. Mostly because I have just woken up and I'm not wearing any make-up. But I suppose I don't mind too much because I love traditions
  6. We get new pyjamas every Christmas eve. I love pyjamas so I get really excited about this. Makes me feel so clean, fresh, and cosy.
So that is my traditions. I hope you enjoyed this post and as always leave responses in the comments below. I would love to hear your Christmas traditions.
Talk to you all tomorrow

DFTBA

Days until Christmas: 4
Days until my first A level exam: 23
What I am listening to right now: Saviours day by Cliff Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment