Thursday 19 July 2012

Summertime holidays - Travel make-up ideas

Hey girls, I'm starting a new series today for all of those who are going away this summer. I know I should've started this sooner, but I .... umm ..... forgot. Anyway, I'm going away in 8 days, so I thought I would do this now.



Today's post is all about make-up. Now I don't actually wear make-up much any more, so personally I won't be wearing any when I travel, but I know there is many people who don't like leaving the house without make-up, which I think is sad, but that's for another post, so I thought it would be a good idea to share with you all how I would wear my make-up if I was planning on wearing any.

I suggest keeping everything really simple, because it will be easier to take off when you arrive, particularly if you're going to be arriving late at night.
For your base I suggest maybe using a tinted moisturiser or even a BB cream. These will even out your skin tone, yet still be light enough for your skin to breathe.

For eyes, you could just wear some mascara to open your eyes, or if you want to wear some eye-shadow, I would really suggest keeping it really simple, with only a couple of colours. I really like this one, but without the eye-liner

For lips, I think a gloss is good, as it's quick to put on, but a lip stain is great too as it stays on all day, which is what you want. You don't want to be reapplying constantly throughout the day, you'd rather just relax.

I think the main thing to remember for make-up when travelling is ease of removal when you arrive. Also something that can be applied quickly, because I don't know about you, but I always feel like I'm rushing when it comes to the day I leave. I never seem to have everything done ha-ha.

That's all for today, check back tomorrow for hairstyle ideas.

Until then.... Dream beautiful dreams; live beautiful lives

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment